1st April is popular as ‘April Fools Day’. While this is a pranksters D’day, they can fool people as much as they like😉, I believe it also holds a very significant meaning in our lives.
31st March marks the end of the financial calender for most countries and 1st April marks the beginning of a new fiscal year. For most of us it means making sure our taxes are paid. However, sometimes we are not able to meet those dues and as a result we end up paying way more than planned for, sometimes even forfeiting a huge chunk of our salary.
How does this affect us?
I would like to make reference here to our personal lives. During the last year what investments did we make on ourselves so that we would be saved the burden of taxes at this time?
By taxes I mean, regrets, disappointments, failure, loss and no personal satisfaction.
Our actions and choices during the year, determine what our progress will be this year.
If we had
– upskilled ourselves
– Worked on our weaknesses
– Paid attention to the feedback shared by our colleagues and managers
– Understood the importance of giving time to relationships
– Learnt from the mistakes we made
– Took chances on things close to our heart
– monitored our physical health and well being closely
Well, we would have made the necessary payments on our life on time. We would now be in a better position to
– nominate ourselves for that big promotion
– built more confidence in our strengths
– worked on areas of improvement for overall betterment
– had better rapport and trust with the people around us
– be better prepared to watch for signs that resulted in mistakes or failure
– prioritized the important things in life
– and finally, be fit to pursue our dreams and ambitions
This is one more opportunity to get your life and priorities aligned to what you desire or dream of achieving.
It is one more opportunity to work on your Emotional Bank Account.
It is the time to decide that next year, your taxes are going to bear fruit.
If we can make the necessary investments financially to avoid huge tax cuts, why can’t we make some adjustments to our lives and ensure the dividends we receive are double fold and empowering.
May your 1st April be an eye opener to the various pranks life can play on us from time to time😊